Top 10% Rule for Texas
To be eligible for automatic admission to a Texas public college or university, a student must:
• Graduate in the top 10 percent of his or her class (6% for UT at Austin)
• Enroll in college no more than two years after graduating from high school; and
• Submit an application to a Texas public university for admission before the institution’s application deadline
• Students are required to provide SAT or ACT scores.
• Students must also complete the TSI test requirement, unless they can show proof of exemption.
• Admission to a university does not guarantee acceptance into a particular college of study or department, however.
This is the link for the Cappex site. I will be utilizing many of these free resources and there are many helpful resources for students here!!
Get college-ready by learning the lingo before you dive into this adventure!
ACT Resources for Class of 2020
JUNIOR YEAR TIMELINE
ACT Info Class of 2019
SENIOR YEAR TIMELINE
CollegeBoard Big Future
Another great resource, College Navigator