Ways to help your child become a better reader:
1. Take time to read with your child or have them read to you.
2. Ask your child questions about what he/she is reading.
3. Read to your child using expression to help him/her understand the story.
4. Take note of words your child doesn't know and help him/her with what the words mean.
5. Help your child increase his/her vocabulary by using different words-
(Example: Instead of always using the word "big," try using words such as gigantic, enormous, massive, immense)